Quality System "Itqan"
"Itqan" is the name of the National Quality System at the level of crafts. It identifies the standards, establishes a framework and optimizes the use of human and material resources.
This system mainly aims at:
- Establishing technical standards and regulations for the development of safer and more reliable, more efficient, and environment-friendly products.
- Providing a framework and a common scientific lexicon for suppliers and craftsmen to unify concepts and facilitate information exchange.
- Optimizing human and material resources usage and preventing their wasting.
- Strengthening the implementation of standards and improving handicrafts which follow commonly accepted technical characteristics and provide access to new global markets.
- Ensuring the implementation of international standards in order to provide a wider products choice and create a healthy competition.
- Providing, for craftsmen, opportunities to access to the markets on an equal footing.
- Providing needed technical data in order to establish a trade policy that protects our traditional products.
This system is based on axes which are:
It consists in completing the necessary procedures to prepare the development of technical standards of raw materials, equipments and products to make them Tunisian trademarks standards. It is also necessary to prepare the craftsman to meet these standards in product manufacturing .
Development of a quality guide
This guide ensures product quality by informing the artisans about production techniques, raw materials, and standards.
- Protection of plans and models
- Protection of handicraft products by manufacturing brands
- Protection of geographical indicators
The question of origin is of crucial importance for handicraft product. Also the law n ° 2007-69 of December 27th, 2007 was enacted to protect labels of origin, geographical indications, and indications of source. To this end, we have set up technical committees, approved the list of products to be protected, developed a specification defining the technical characteristics of the products, set manufacturing standards, defined the evidence proving originally, and took the necessary steps to save the geographic indicators with the International Bureau of the World Intellectual Property Organization.
To fully inform artisans on services provided by the National Institute for Standardization and Industrial Property (INNORPI) and ONA in the field of quality standards and the protection of creation, a window was opened on the website of the Office and linked with that of INNORPI.
The NAO has already undertaken at national and international level, the procedures for filing trademarks that it uses in its promotional campaigns and registration of its logo.
Craft councils and amines
A great effort is being made to the generalization of trades councils in all governorates and the appointment of amines for most trades in all governorates Organization of a national conference to raise awareness of the law n ° 2005-15 on the organization of the trades and crafts of the amine role in the quality system.
To ensure high quality products of handicrafts, a huge effort is being made vigorously in several directions : Provision of a quality guide for controllers, allowing to unify control methods, development of specifications for the raw materials used in weaving including carpets, technical analyzes of inputs and equipment, extension of dyeing processes based on natural products, encouraging the use of natural raw materials for dyeing wool, extensive program of action control and stamping leather and copper in Tunis, Nabeul and Kairouan ...
- Development of specifications for the exercise of trade in handicrafts,
- Improving the organization of channel distributions,
- Strengthening the coordination between the structures involved in the handling of complaints by tourists following their acquisition of craft products,
- Organization of periodic campaigns to raise traders’ awareness of business ethics.
Technical control on import and export
Elaboration of a list of craft products whose importation is subject to authorization, development of specifications laying down the conditions for the exercise of the activity of import of handicrafts, control operations in craft products import and export, strengthening at ports, airports and postal parcels centers, operations the control of craft products, including carpets, intended to export.